7 Common Questions About Buying Turf in Sydney Answered
Jul 11, 2019
Buying turf can be a daunting endeavour at first – especially if you’ve never done so before. If you’re considering buying turf for the first time, you probably have a lot of questions. Fear not – in this article, we’ll be covering seven of the most common questions about buying turf in Sydney.
1. How Much Does Quality Matter? The quality of the turf you buy is a very important factor to consider. Low-quality turf not only looks less vibrant and green, but it’s also far more likely to degrade faster. Buying high-quality turf from a reputable provider will ensure that your finished product looks great and lasts for a long time.
2. How Much Turf Should I Order? To determine exactly how much turf you’ll need to order, start out by measuring the area onto which you plan to lay your turf down. Once you have your measurements, we recommend that you order slightly more turf than you think you’ll need, just in case anything goes wrong.
3. What’s the Best Time of Year to Lay Turf? Unbeknownst to most buyers, turf can actually be purchased and laid down at any time of year. The most important thing is that you prepare the ground properly before turfing.
4. How Do I Prepare the Ground Before Turfing? To prepare your ground before turfing, simply remove any vegetation or debris from your surface, dig or rotovate to a depth of at least 10-cm, rake and level the area. Top off with a topsoil, then adding a pre-turf fertiliser. Then you're good to go.
5. Can I Lay Turf in Winter? Yes, Remembering though that turf is dormant in winter so establishing is very slow. Traffic needs to beat a bare minimum.
6. Can I Lay Turf in Hot Weather? You can indeed lay down new turf in summer months, just ensure that you lay it immediately as rolled turf can go bad quickly in hot weather – which is particularly problematic in Sydney, with high humidity.
Additionally, you should remember to keep new turf well-watered within the first 3-4 weeks to prevent it from drying out.
7. How Expensive is Turf? The price of your turf is dependent upon three factors: the grade of turf you choose, how much you’ll need and how far it’ll have to be delivered.
Get in TouchAt D&V Turf Supplies, we’re renowned as Penrith and Sydney’s leading Suppliers of Top Quality, weed-free, freshly cut instant lawns – both for residential and commercial spaces. If you’re looking for premium quality turf at affordable prices, get in touch via (02) 4776 2761.